Public Sector Spin Outs
There is increased interest among public sector bodies about working with social enterprise and other civil society organisaitons. In the last few years we have increasingly supported social enterprise ‘spin-outs’ from statutory bodies as well as working with local authorities and councils on how to commission for social value.
If you would like to develop a sustainable commissioning model or need advice on ‘spinning out’ a social enterprise, or for any enquiries in this area, get in touch with Uday Thakkar on 020 7250 8305 or email Uday.
Enterprise Support Programmes for the Public Sector
Red Ochre has a strong track record in designing, delivering and project managing innovative enterprise support programmes.
- Ready to Grow – A three year programme, funded by Capacitybuilders, to provide free business support and training to start-up and established social enterprises led by Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee-led (BAMER) communities in London. 12 days of bespoke business support to 40 organisations and a rolling training programme reaching over 200 community, voluntary and social enterprises in London.
- Aylesbury Community Enterprise – a capacity building project on the Aylesbury Estate, funded by the New Deals for Communities programme, to encourage the establishment of social enterprises through a mix of training and business support. 14 enterprises established and training delivered to 60 people.
- Youth Enterprise Project – A two year programme, commissioned by the London Development Agency, to encourage and support young people in Lambeth to set up their own businesses. Over 12 young people received start-up funding and 130 attending some training.
We provide tailored support over key issues to ensure sustainability. We offer a unique combination of:
- tailored business workshops and capacity building delivered by experts on social enterprise
- targeted learning/tools aimed at overcoming key barriers to success
- longer term mentoring
- local inclusion/stakeholder engagement
- our passion.
Our approach works because we do not simply deliver a ‘one size fits all’ training and support programme but engage with individuals on their own enterprise dream. We work with and within a community; use participatory budgeting and other stakeholder engagement techniques; continue supporting for as long as we are able.
If you would like to discuss setting up an enterprise programme or other delivery programme in your area, contact Penny on 020 7250 8305 or e-mail Uday.