In this workshop, you’ll get to work through marketing and communications ideas and come up with a plan with one of the social enterprise world’s most experienced marketing minds. Location: Red Ochre CAN Mezzanine, Old Street, London, N1 6AH Time: 10am-1pm, Thursday, May 17, 2018 Trainer: Robert Foster, Co-Founder of Red Ochre. Read more »
Introduction to Social Enterprise
Explore and understand this global phenomenon, learn how you too can change the world.
Social Enterprise is attracting immense attention from people wanting to create innovative solutions to the World’s problems. In the last 10 years it has gone from being operated at a micro-level to being seriously applied and studied by governments and academics.
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of social enterprise:
- What it means
- How it is practiced
- What makes it different
- How you can engage with it
The workshop will benefit those wanting to start or grow a social enterprise, or those that want to improve the social impact of their existing businesses and for those interested in the topic.
The workshop will cover the following areas:
- What is a social enterprise
- The forces supporting the growth of social enterprise
- Exciting examples from around the world
- Fundamental considerations
- Legal considerations
- The importance of social change and innovation
- Profit and social change – getting the balance right
- Creating sustainable business models
- Networks, resources and sources of support
WHEN: Wednesday, 23 March 2016 from 10:00 to 13:00 (GMT)
WHERE: British Library Business & IP Centre – 96 Euston Road, London, NW1 2DB
COST: £50 inc VAT, and eventbrite fees
TO BOOK: Visit eventbrite