Where: The British Library IP Centre, 96 Euston Road, London, NW1 2DB When: 10:00-13:00, Wednesday 16th August 2017 How Much: £50 inclusive of VAT More information: Eventbrite Read more »
Sources of Funding Workshop
Uday Thakkar facilitated a workshop on Sources of Funding for female entrepreneurs at Kingston University on the 24th of October. This workshop is in a series hosted by the “Make it Global” Programme for female led enterprises seeking to enter or expand their export sales managed by the University of East London.
15 entrepreneurs with a great range of different businesses participated in the workshop. Key points from the workshop were:
- There is money for good businesses/ projects
- Getting the fundamentals right will greatly improve access to the right finance
- Make sure you can explain your business model
- Make sure you can demonstrate the value of your business
- Make sure you understand and can explain how you will mitigate the risks of the business/ project
- Be realistic
- Be prepared to compromise
- Ask for the right amount, and the right sort of money
- Engage the investor so that they champion you – ask for more than money!