We are leading on The Cultural Entrepreneurship Project. The idea is for three education and consultancy organisations from the UK (Red Ochre), Italy (Materahub) and Lithuania (Avilys) to come together and improve how we support cultural entrepreneurs and particularly those working with heritage.
In doing so we aim to maximise the social, economic and educational value of European (in all its diversity) cultural heritage.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Share best practices around business and enterprise education for cultural heritage organisations and startups.
- Look at how cultural heritage can contribute to employment and economic growth and transfer strategies and learning for doing so.
- Consider and improve the use of ICT and its application by business and enterprise support organisations.
- Look at how we can support others to reach disadvantaged learners and people through ICT strategies.
- Increase partner’s capacity to operate at a transnational level, share and confront ideas and methods
- Look into how educators can help adult learners to start up and grow businesses in the cultural sector.
- Improve our use of ICT / digital learning to reach more learners and particularly the disadvantaged in doing this.
We’ll have a dedicated website and social media for all this soon. In the meantime if you are working with cultural entrepreneurs in heritage or are running a startup in this field – get in touch and we may be able to include or support you!
With thanks to the European Union for funding this work!