Teach and train in Seville, Spain or Lisbon, Portugal
Would you like to learn to teach English in an academy or school with in country support and a range of other benefits?
If so, apply now for an IberiaTeacher paid internship!
Find out more below or at our new dedicated website: www.iberiateacher.com
IberiaTeacher is an EU funded Erasmus Plus scheme, run in partnership by Red Ochre in London, 3Si in Seville, Synopsis Practice in Lisbon, plus partner academies in the UK, Spain and Portugal.
Here’s how it works…
- Placements last 90 days for British citizens, 97 days for EU citizens.
- Upcoming groups will be from approximately Jan 4th -April 3rd and April 12th to July 10th 2022, when the scheme closes…due to Brexit.
- You will get full expenses paid. That means we pay for your accommodation, flights, bills, 24/7 in country support, travel insurance, flight transfers AND you get a grant of 120 Euros per week for your food costs and local travel. Plus you will get an upfront payment of 325 Euros to cover your travel insurance and any extras.
- For January, we have spaces for 21 people in Seville and 10 people in Lisbon – so we are recruiting for 31 interns. You can apply here.
- Train and teach in well known English academies and schools in Seville: OUIEA, Conecta Idiomas, OC Languages, Sevilla English, Colegio Ntra. Sra. de Andévalo, Lope de Vega Colegio, TEC Sevilla, English Connection and others. Or EasyTalk, LAC, Astoria International School or other academies in Lisbon. We will provide you with job descriptions and tell you more about these during interviews.
- Your own room in a flat in central Seville or Lisbon. You’ll have your own room and share a lounge and kitchen with two or three others who are also on IberiaTeacher. That way you’ll have peer support and meet other newly qualified teachers like you.
Who can apply?
Whoever you are – you can apply for our scheme. It is highly useful to have gained TESOL, CELTA or a TEFL within the last year. If you do not have one of these qualifications you can also apply and you will need to complete a short LRN teaching English course as part of the programme. IbeariaTeacher is most suited to people who have less than one year’s experience teaching.
Our criteria is simply focused on people who are kind and curious, as well as fully committed to English teaching, and to contributing something positive into the mix of the city’s life whilst there.
We want to make sure we recruit from a rich pool of talent. We are able to make adaptions at any stage of the process should they be required. E.g. application by video instead of written document, video call instead of audio, further specific information about the working environment etc…
How to apply
Visit: www.iberiateacher.com for a simple application pack.
Some nice things participants have said about IberiaTeacher:
“I just want you to know I have really appreciated everything you have done for us. Iberia Teacher is probably the best thing I have ever done and I don’t want it to end!…I never thought I would have the confidence to move to a new country and teach English, but this scheme made it possible because of the brilliant support I received. I owe this scheme so much, it has completely changed my life!
“ Participant, March 2018
“Thanks again for having me on this remarkable experience. It really was very special..” Participant, December 2019
Two years on…
“I would just like to add that two years on from completing the scheme, I still feel very sentimental and grateful for my time in Seville. It was the best experience of my life and I loved every minute of it! I developed personal and professional skills and would like to say thank you so much.” Participant, 2020
A wonderful challenge
“I just wanted to say how grateful I am for this wonderful opportunity! I think Seville and the work placement has had its ups and downs, like most things, but I have had an incredible time and loved this experience very much. I feel like I have really developed as a teacher and made some really great friends as well.” Participant, December 2019
Open horizons and perspective
“Thanks once again…I can’t tell you what your accepting me onto IberiaTeacher and the Erasmus programme has meant to me and my life; it’s just opened everything out again somehow!” Participant, July 2019
I couldn’t have done it alone
“I’ve absolutely loved my time here. It’s been a unique, amazing experience and I owe that to you, 3Si and the programme – there’s no way I would’ve been able to do this otherwise. So yeah, thank you.Participant, December 2019