Session 2: Sorting through your ideas Date: Wednesday 2 October, 10:30-12:30 Content of the session: For new participants there will be a recap of the four-stage innovation process. Returning participants will feedback on the progress made against their personal Innovation Action Plan developed in session 1. Read more »
Introduction to Social Enterprise
Explore and understand this global phenomenon, learn how you too can change the world.
30th January 2018, 14:00 to 17:00
British Library Business & IP Centre – 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB
£15.00, inc. VAT, inc. eventbrite fees
Social Enterprise is attracting immense attention from people wanting to create innovative solutions to the World’s problems. In the last 10 years it has gone from being operated at a micro-level to being seriously applied and studied by governments and academics.
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of social enterprise:
- What it means
- How it is practiced
- What makes it different
- How you can engage with it
The workshop will benefit those wanting to start or grow a social enterprise, or those that want to improve the social impact of their existing businesses and for those interested in the topic.
The workshop will cover the following areas:
- What is a social enterprise
- The forces supporting the growth of social enterprise
- Exciting examples from around the world
- Fundamental considerations
- Legal considerations
- The importance of social change and innovation
- Profit and social change – getting the balance right
- Creating sustainable business models
- Networks, resources and sources of support