Explore and understand this global phenomenon, learn how you too can change the world. WHEN 30th January 2018, 14:00 to 17:00 WHERE British Library Business & IP Centre – 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB COST £15.00, inc. VAT, inc. eventbrite fees Read more »
Eight must read books on strategy and entrepreneurship
Costas Markides, London Business School, suggests the top eight books on strategy and entrepreneurship.
1. Strategic Intuition: The Creative Spark in Human Achievement, by William Duggan (2013)
This book is about how creativity happens.
2. Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioural Economics, by Richard Thaler (2016)
Behaviour economics looks at how we make choices in the real world.
3. Black Box Thinking: Marginal Gains and the Secrets of High Performance, by Matthew Syed (2016)
We all know that for innovation to happen, we need to accept mistakes and learn from failure. This book shows us how.
4. The Power of Unreasonable People: How Social Entrepreneurs Create Markets That Change the World, by John Elkington and Pamela Hartigan (2008)
The Power of Unreasonable People is full of beautiful stories that illuminate how social entrepreneurs create markets that change the world.
5. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do, and How to Change, by Charles Duhigg (2013)
This book brings to life a whole new understanding of human nature and its potential for transformation.
6. Switch: How to Change Things when Change is Hard, by Chip and Dan Heath (2011)
Why do we sometimes insist on seeing the obstacles rather than the goal?
7. Inside the Nudge Unit: How Small Change can make a Big Difference, by David Halpern (2015)
How to make a big difference through influencing small, simple changes in human behaviour.
8. Here comes Everybody: How Change Happens when People Come Together, by Clay Shirky (2009)
Using new tools to make group action truly a reality and this mass action is changing our world.
Source: London Business School