For help and insights, join Robert for the final Benefact Group webinar of the year ‘A practical introduction to social impact measurement’ on 14 November 2023. The session will run 10:30 – 12:00. Register now. Read more »
Businesses still struggling with aftermath of Covid
A recent study from Simply Business showed the impact Covid-19 continues to have on UK SMEs, alongside the wider effects of the current economic climate. The key findings showed:
● Small business owners now face wider challenges while attempting to recover – with 70%
stating rising costs are now their biggest challenge, along with supply shortages also proving
● 87% of small business owners have lost money over the last two years, averaging £20,981
each in total
● SMEs now say they have lost nearly £21,000 on average, with one in six – totalling almost
one million small business owners believing they will never financially recover
● Over a fifth do not expect to ever return to pre-pandemic levels of trading
● The average cost for #startups in year one alone stands at £22,7562.
£25K can help change someone’s life for the better.
A £25,000 business boost grant has been launched to do just that. To learn more, and enter, visit the Simply Business Business Boost website.
#business #grant #startup