Understanding and Qauntifying your Social Value, with the Directory of Social Change (DSC). Zoom session. Wednesday 9 June, 2021, 1000-1230 BST. NB: This is a combination of refresher and masterclass. Read more »
Calling all students – Do you want to develop a business idea addressing social and environmental problems?
UK-China Student Workshop
Date: Thursday 20th February 10 am to 3 pm pm
Nearest tube: Westbourne Park
Here is your chance to work closely within teams of Chinese and UK students to develop a business idea that addresses social and environmental problems.
The British Council and Red Ochre have teamed up with China Youth Development Foundation (CYDF), a leading Chinese Foundation and a number of Chinese universities* to put together a session for visiting students from China to work closely with UK students.
We are looking for entrepreneurial undergraduate and post-graduate students to take part in the day.
The day will look like:
- Introductions – to the day and programme
- Brainstorming on the topic, or range of problems (social and/or environmental)
- Work within mixed groups of UK and China-based students to develop a solution/project/pilot programme that incorporates both China and the UK
- Each group presents their solution
- Prizes awarded!
In addition, there will be follow-up support available for those wishing to pursue their ideas further in the form of webinars and telepresence conferencing and facilitated brain trusts.
Other forms of support may also be available.
For more information or to reserve a place contact:
Robert Foster, Co-Founder, Red Ochre
Martin Cooper, Senior Consultant, Red Ochre
* Beijing University, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing Normal University, Beijing Language and Culture University, Renmin University of China, China University of Political Science and Law, North China Eletric Power University, Central University of Finance and Economics, China Central Academy of Fine Arts, Harbin University of Commerce, Zhongnan University of Ecnomics and Law, Tianjin University of Commerce, Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Hainan University