We’re pleased to announce a series of short and practical online workshops in partnership with the British Library IP Centre. The sessions are open to anyone and are very reasonably priced at £15 for 90 minutes (inclusive of booking fees and VAT). Read more »
Intern in Seville: Skills for Green Jobs final round
Would you or someone you know like to spend 13 weeks in an internship in Seville, Spain?
We are running our final round of applications for the Skills for Green Jobs project. Successful applicants get a fantastic opportunity to live, work and learn in Seville whilst getting all flights, accommodation, bills, food, Spanish training and cultural events all paid for.
Applications have now closed except for those applying for the architecture placement.
The Skills for Green Jobs Project, is an EU funded Red Ochre scheme, placing unemployed young people (graduates and non graduates) in environmental organisations in Andalucía, Spain. Internship roles are hosted in businesses, social enterprises, local government and voluntary groups working for environmental change. We are now taking applications for eleven placements starting on April 21st, including:
- A large sustainable architecture firm with 100 staff (suitable for graduate architects, planners or those with Strong AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, and Adobe Suite and Revit skills). Spanish not essential.
- An environmental education centre (suitable for those with experience working with children or young people). Basic and above Spanish required, environmental experience not essential.
- A consumer rights NGO (suitable for people interested in translating, communications, campaigning, research and policy). Intermediate Spanish required.
- A Spanish National Research Council project aimed at enhancing the public understanding of science (suitable for anyone with a marketing, communications or events background who has an interest or passion for science). Intermediate Spanish desirable.
- A family run solar plumbing company (suitable for trainee plumbers, electricians, engineers or those who would like to get involved in practical renewable energy installation). No Spanish required.
- An environmental community network (suitable for those who like to work outside, in gardens, orchards and on the land or with the community)
These exciting opportunities are designed to help you with some of the practical and technical skills of working in a green job whilst improving your confidence, independence and adaptability.
Living in Seville will also provide the opportunity to rapidly develop your language skills, broaden your understanding of local Spanish culture and provide good stuff for your CV.
Download the Skills for Green Jobs Project application form.
During your placement:
- The work is unpaid. But you will have your accommodation, utility bills, internet, flights, transfers, travel insurance, cultural eventsand weekly Spanish language classes all paid for. You will need some of your own money for living expenses but you will also get a total of £500 towards travel and food for the entire placement.
- You will stay in a comfortable (3 or 4 person) flat share with other interns in the Macarena district in central Seville.
- You will be supported during your placement by an English-speaking mentor as well as project staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in our partner’s Seville office.
- You will have free twice weekly Spanish language classes and access to cultural events that you can attend.
- You can get a better feel for what it will be like in Seville by visiting our partners (3Si) Facebook page
If successful, you will get to attend a one day training and briefing session in London (expenses covered) where we will give you more information about your placement, customs and culture, language training and about life in Seville itself (we love this city!). You’ll also be able to meet a small group of other interns on the same scheme as you.
Who are we looking for?
We are interested in receiving applications from anyone with:
- Ideally some Spanish language skills
- Applicants who are motivated to contribute to their organisation and enjoy their experience abroad. We will give you support, preparation and opportunities but we have found that participants who get the most out of the placement are those who are curious, kind and committed.
- Interest in the environment and sustainability, social enterprise, international business, or similar
- Candidates must be UK citizens or resident in the UK (with a UK address and bank account).
The current round of placements is from April 21st to July 21st 2013, so you must be available then. The preparation will take place in London on April 15th and you should also be able to attend this date if possible.
How do i apply?
Download the Skills for Green Jobs Project application form and send it, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Thank you.
If you’d like to know more, or have any questions contact the Skills for Green Jobs project manager, Martin Cooper