Building a team without tears: growing success by spreading the load in the right way. Read more »
Skills for Green Jobs Project
Would you or someone you know like to spend 13 weeks in an environmental internship in Seville, Spain?
Download the Skills for Green Jobs Project application form.
The Skills for Green Jobs Project, is an EU funded scheme, placing unemployed young people (graduates and non-graduates) in environmental business and organisations inAndalucía, Spain. Internship roles are hosted in businesses, social enterprises, local government and voluntary groups working for environmental change. We are now taking applications for ten placements starting in January.
- An environmental education centre (suitable for environmental scientists and / or those with experience working with children or young people)
- A solar plumbing company (suitable for engineers or those who would like to get involved in renewable energy installation)
- An environmental community network (suitable for applicants with a background or interest in ecology, sustainable food, agricultural, gardening or land based learning)
- A consumer rights NGO (suitable for people interested in translating, communications, research and policy).
These exciting opportunities are designed to help you with some of the practical and technical skills of working in the environmental sector whilst improving your confidence, independence and adaptability. Living inAndalucía,Spainwill also provide the opportunity to experience the ups and downs of practical environmental change, develop your language skills, broaden your understanding of local Spanish culture and provide good stuff for your CV.
Download the Skills for Green Jobs Project . Find out more about the placements and Seville on the 3Si Facebook page
During your placement:
- You will stay in a (3 or 4 person) flat share with other interns in the heart of Seville or nearby Lebrija town.
- You will have your accommodation, bills, flights, transfers, travel insurance and language classes all paid for. You will need some of your own money for living expenses but you will also get a total of €500 towards travel and food for the entire placement.
- You will be supported during your placement by an English-speaking mentor as well as project staff.
- You will have access to weekly Spanish language classes, cultural events and training.
If successful, you will get to attend a one day training and briefing session in London (expenses covered) where we will give you more information about your placement, customs and culture, language training and about life in Seville itself (we love this city!). You’ll also be able to meet a small group of other interns on the same scheme as you.
Who are we looking for?
We are interested in receiving applications from graduates and others with:
- Some Spanish language skills
- Interest in the environment and sustainability, social enterprise, international business, or similar
- Applicants who are motivated to contribute to their organization and enjoy the experience abroad.
- Candidates must be UK citizens or fully resident in the UK (with a UK address and bank account).
The current round of placements is from January 13th to April 13th 2012, so you must be available then. The preparation will take place in London on January 7th and you should also be able to attend this date.
How do i apply?
Download the Skills for Green Jobs Project application form and send it, along with your CV to email@example.com by 1pm on Friday, November 16th.
If you’d like to know more, or have any questions contact the Skills for Green Jobs project manager, Martin Cooper